Anthony Par Lipford, son
of Amos Lipford and Frances Traylor Lipford, was born 1755 in Dinwiddie
County, Virginia. The date was given in his Revolutionary War pension
"Lipford, Anthony P.
Soldier, Private, Virginia Militia
Page 158, An Intimate History of the American Revolution in Pittsylvania
Substituted in 1780 for George Wright at Cumberland Court House;
Attached to 4th Regiment under Colonel Stubblefield at Hillsboro;
Was at Rougeley's Mills before Camden, where the American Army was
2nd tour: drafted under Captain William Meredith at Cumberland;
Attached to 3rd Virginia Regiment under Colonel Wilson;
Marched with the famous French General Lafayette to meet General
Wayne at Raccoon Ford."
Par Lipford married Elizabeth Robinson, daughter of Field Robinson
and Obedience Bradshaw, on 25 July 1785 in Cumberland County, Virginia,
and they moved to Pittsylvania County, Virginia by 1788, according
to the pension application. In 1789 he bought 112 acres of land
on the north side of the Banister River near Chatham. Anthony and
Elizabeth Lipford had three children: Daniel Lipford, born 1785,
Amos Lipford II, born 1786, and Fielding Lipford, born about 1788.
In 1815 Anthony bought another 137 acres of land. After his first
wife died, Anthony married Elizabeth Ferguson in 1827 in Pittsylvania
County. Anthony sold the 170 acres of land north of the Banister
River in 1829 and bought 245 acres of land on the north side of
the Lynchburg Road on Cherry Stone Creek. At age 79 he applied for
a Revolutionary War pension in 1833 and was granted a pension in
November of that year amounting to $33.36 per annum.
Anthony Par Lipford died intestate in 1841 in Pittsylvania County.